Wednesday, March 23, 2011

PRIDE: enough, or too much?

One of the blogs I love is "The Simple Dollar". i subscribe through email so on an almost every day basis i have a wonderful email waiting for me. :) This blog is FANTATIC!

READ THIS LINK TO HER BLOG BEFORE MOVING AHEAD:

HOW AWESOME IS THIS?!?! How TRUE is this?

Okay so now its time for MY take on pride...in the financial/family sense.

I understand that there are government programs that are out there to help those in need. I am so thankful those programs exist. BUT... shouldn't we have ENOUGH pride to not take advantage of them? I make "too much money" to get ANY sort of government help yet between bills, my child, my husband's children--we'd LOVE some help! Never gonna happen though... and let's say we COULD get the help. I have enough pride to go work 3 jobs before I would take from a program that is so often taken advantage of.

"In my opinion government programs are meant to be used for a short period of time. They are meant to help those familise in NEED... not those families where people don't want to work, or don't want to take a job that's beneath them..."

I think it's good to have pride in the way you look. Not over the top, but you should take pride in your apperance. Even if the clothes you are wearing are from the Good-will store, or a yard sale. Wash them, iron them, put a cute cheap necklace with them. Take PRIDE in how you look...without going over board. Don't be too prideful to shop at a consignment shop. You think buying your child a used outfit is appauling? Hmm... i think its less absurd then spending $40 bucks on an outfit at Dillard's that looks used and stained when they come from school. At least the outfits I buy won't make me CRY when I see them walking towards me with paint all over them. :) TAKE PRIDE!

Take pride in your home. It may be a rented house(HELLO... thats where I live), or a trailer, or a brand new mansion across town. Take PRIDE in the way it looks. Even if you are decorating with old hand me down accent pieces and used furniture. Make it your OWN! PRIDE can be a GREAT thing!

Take pride in your FINANCES. Be PROUD of the fact that you didn't go out to eat last night. Don't cry about it, or be mad at your husband over it... be PROUD of the money that you saved.

When you go into the grocery store with your notebook filled with coupons, and a calculator to make sure you stay on budget--don't be ashamed...be PROUD! Look at you saving money! I love to watch people go up and down the aisles throwing a little of this, and a little of that in their buggy. I used to BE that person. The person that sorta had a list, hoped to leave spending less than a $100 bucks but typically spent twice that. Don't mock them or tell them they are wrong... just take pride in what you are doing to help your family.

PRIDE can be a bad thing and PRIDE can be a great thing. It's all in how you use it.


Take PRIDE in your life, your look, your home and your finances. Be PROUD of the decisions you have made to help better your family and your wallet.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment