Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Our journey-2 month update

Jere and I are reaching the 2 month mark on our "journey to financial changes". It's been fun, its been tiring, exhausting, caused a few arguments, and been such a learning time for both of us.

We went into this thing out of necessity, and out of desire just to "See" what it was all about--the coupon clippin', frugal living world-that is. :)

I don't want to be extreme. I don't want my thoughts, days, hours whatever to be consumed by coupon clipping and so far, so good. I've spent time doing my research(which had to be done) and I have spent time figuring out my goals and my 5 year plan. :)

I told Jere my goal was to be realistic. I wanted to pick a few things to focus on and thats what I have done... as I have said before...you CANT do it all. So...

I want to save on my monthly "household items". And so far, so good. I have managed to acquire about 4 months worth of laundry detergent, 2 months of toilet paper and paper towels(at least 4 months) and I have a cupboard full of the main items. I haven't quite mastered how to go to the store and buy a typical grocery bill (meat, eggs, milk, cheese, etc) on coupons and save a bundle. But that wasn't my goal.

I have a list made of items we ALWAYS need to cook our meals and I am following those items carefully to see when is the time to save and stock up. But as far as household items we have done AWESOME! I'm so proud of the progress we have made.

We went from spending about $400 approx at the grocery/walmart in one month and we are down to spending half and sometimes a little less than half of that amount. We have GREAT meals, items that we need and we are happy. We aren't going out to eat unless we have a gift certificate and/or a coupon(and we managed to make the whole month of February with eating out only once), we haven't gone to the movies, haven't spent a lot on entertainment but I can honestly say that the past few months have been 2 of the best months we have had. We are working as a team, working together to figure out where to go from here... what steps we need to take to be frugal living, coupon clippin' , money saving, debt free people...

WE ARE WELL ON OUR WAY! Thanks for following our story and for reading my tips every day. My readers are the BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment