Friday, April 29, 2011

For starters...

Shopping with coupons is overwhelming...right? I know it was for me at first and STILL is at times.

I jumped right in-feet first and tried to do it all. I'm suprised I stuck with it because I was completely exhausted and lost in the coupon world. Let's take a step back... start small.

The biggest thing I hear people say about coupons is "I can't buy groceries on coupons." That is both true and false (in my opinion). I RARELY see coupons for meat, milk, produce, etc. So that means you just have to follow your local ads very carefully because they WILL Go on sale.

But what DO you always see coupons for?

Diapers, wipes, tampons, pads, makeup, detergent, cleaning products, toilet paper, hand soap, shampoo, body wash, toothpaste, toothbrushes, floss, deodarant, yogurt, cereal...don't you at least use SOME of those items?

So here's what you do... pick 3 items that you are determined to either get for FREE, or almost free. That's a GREAT place to start. Then you go to the stores in your town and write down prices, look for store sale ads(should come out weekly or bi-weekly) and when you get your coupons on Sundays you are looking for THOSE specific items.

Don't think that the first week you are going to have a huge "haul" and go to Kroger and get $1200 worth of groceries and spend $50. It is simply NOT going to happen.

So what few items will you pick?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment