Friday, April 22, 2011

Why not?

Why would you NOT budget, coupon, organize your life??? I have been thinking about this a lot lately. From a former pack rat, money spender, a person that was scared to balance their checkbook--- I HAVE mad a lot of changes.

So I got to thinking about the reasons we DONT do these things:

BUDGET:
*I think we feel like WE are adults now and don't need anyone to tell us "Don't spend all your money in one place" like we were told as kids.

*It's SCARY! We don't WANT to see the actual income-outcome of our every day lives...probably because we KNOW we over spend.

*It takes time... and let's face it... we aren't a society that "has time" for anything. It's go-go-go, rush-rush-rush and we only have time for the things we have already commited to.

*We don't want to admit failure


COUPONING:

*We've seen the crazy people on the shows! WE DONT WANT TO BE LIKE THEM!!!

*We also see .25 cent coupons and think 'Whats the point in wasting my Sunday afternoon to save a quarter?'

*We believe that off brands are cheaper anyway...





ORGANIZING:

*This TOO takes a LOT of time! We don't have enough energy for that!

*The thought of having a yard sale makes us want to vomit...

*Carting all that crap around in the car til we FINALLY make it by storage, Good will, etc, stresses us out



There are LOTS of reasons why we put off things. But none of these are ALL the way true. I've learned how to clip my coupons and plan my trips in a fraction of the time that it used to take me. I've learned to discipline myself to organize one thing a week. I've made a strict budget and have tried my BEST to stick to it. You have to start somewhere... start small.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment