Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ramsey Steps

#1  $1,000 in savings
#2  Debt Snowball
#3 Finish the savings-3-6 months of bills in savings
#4 RETIREMENT

#1 is pretty easy or at least for me it was. I set out to do it... I saved every extra dime I had, sold some things on ebay and at the consignment shop and I did it quick!

#2 Snowballing your debt is the LONG step. You start with the smallest balances first. Forget interest rates and I KNOW thats hard to do b/c to you it makes sense. BUT TRUST ME... those small balances going away make you feel accomplished and keep you on track. This step can take YEARS!

#3  I'm working on that... not there yet but I will be by the end of the year. That is my goal!

#4  Retirement--if I can start this step by the time I hit 30 I will be doing good. That gives me 3 years to get a LOT done.

The steps aren't easy...they take a while, but its such a good feeling even when you just accomplish one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment