Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Frustrated but can't give up!

This is one of those VERY frustrating moments when I am TRYING to be good and save money but just can't seem to do it...

I have blogged before about "Extreme Couponing" show I saw on TLC. One lady was called the "krazy coupon lady" and today I found her website thanks to my friend Rachel. :) I was excited to read what she had to say.

Cara's Disclosure... I do NOT want to be a binder holder full of coupons kinda lady BUT I would like to pay WAY less for the items I use the most of. :)

So anyway... I looked through her list of coupons(theres a TON) and printed off the ones that made me happy. $1.00 off any Velveeta product, $1.00 off Simply Orange, and some Garnier Fructis coupons. I walked around and looked a prices and was super stoked to find out that with the already low prices PLUS my doubled coupons I could get about 14 items for $5 bucks! WOW! I was in coupon clippin' heaven.

I knew I couldn't buy everything just then b/c I had to get back to work but I had my plan mapped out for tonight. On the way out the door I ran into a worker and said "now y'all double coupons up to $1.00 right?" She said... gulp..."Only up to .60 cents". WHATT???? My throat closed and I felt light headed. SIXTY CENTS? How could this be? All of my walking around Kroger in my high heeled leopard shoes with my toes hurting each second all of a sudden did NOT seem worth it.

I got out to the car and called Jere. He is so good to me. "It's okay Cara. We will find a grocery store that doubles. AT least you are trying." He's so awesome. ANYWAY... I got back to work and googled all of the grocery stores in Hot Springs and called. NO ONE doubles coupons. Let alone triples. Thats just bogus. When I worked at Brookshires in Arkadelphia we tripled up to $1.00 one day a week. This is ridiculous!

So I even broke down and called good ol' Arkadelphia. NOPE. Not anymore. Triple up to .50 cents. Wow. How awesome of you--NOT!!!

So I am frustrated. I have hit this wall that is making me NUTS b/c all of these amazing writers that live and breathe coupons talk about getting things for free. Well my friends... that ain't gonna happen if they don't double up to $1.00. I just don't see how its possible.

If you have any ideas please let me know b/c right now I am thinking that maybe couponing is JUST not for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment