Thursday, January 13, 2011

How do you budget?

Do you have a calendar? an online planner? a sheet of notebook paper?

Well, I have always had the trusty ol' legal pad but its a new year, and one thing I want to do is be MORE organized. I have discovered http://www.mint.com/. This website is a LIFE saver. Now it does bother me somewhat that I put in my personal info into the system...bank account numbers etc. BUT by doing that I get emails when I am running low on money. I get emails when its time to pay the electricity bill! Its VERY VERY handy!

If you are one of those people that lose sheets of paper, and rely on post its to get you by every month, its time to start something fresh and new. Its free to use mint.com, its EASY so if you aren't super computer savvy you can still use it, AND it has a safety link that guarantees your safety and privacy. And frankly... how is this any different than online banking? you run the same risks.

So its a new year. Get on TRACK! Pay those bills on time. Make 2011 the year that you live like a bum. The year that you save every dime. Don't go to the movies, don't eat out as much... make this the year that you make FREE memories at home with your family and your friends. Have a board game night, instead of a night out on the town. Rent a movie using your free redbox code instead of going to the movies.

So go. try it. Lemme know how you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment