Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Just give it away"

I'm a southern girl, what can I say, so therefore I truly love George Strait. I think he's handsome.


I think his song "Give it away" is awesome. This morning I was doing my morning blogging routine(I start several outlines every morning and feel them in as I go) and I had pandora pulled up and "Give it away" came on. I found it appropriate that I was thinking at the moment about what all items I would be selling in a yard sale, giving away to charity, etc.



If I want to DOWNSIZE my life, and get rid of the clutter, and live on less... do I truly have to give it away?

I have over 100 pairs of underwear. Yes, I know thats excessive... BUT... I get a free panty card every month from VS, I love their "Semi-annual" sales, and I STOCK UP when I can. I guess that's my thing... and its a fairly inexpensive "thing" to be addicted to buying so I haven't thought much about it. That is until I realized that I have 2 drawers for underwear. I mean really? I think that's silly...



Obviously you don't "give away" underwear but you can throw them out. What's a girl to do? I'm so torn. I'm stuck in this world between wanting a new pair of heels and feeling the need to get rid of over half my wardrobe. HELP?!?!

I'm trying to find the balance between having it all and living on less. Kind of dramatic either way ya go, huh?

I need help. Do I take the plunge and de-clutter my life by getting rid of a LOT of clothes, a LOT of shoes, a LOT of stuff in my life.... or do I just promise not to add anything to it for let's say... the next 6 months?


2 comments:

Diana Hampo said...

100 pairs of underwear?

Jere and Cara said...

If not more, Diana. It's kind of insane.

Post a Comment