Monday, November 28, 2011

The Island

Guest post by Gerard Mcdaniel

My sisters and I spend our summers in the island home that was left to us by our parents. Our husbands and one sister’s boyfriend come and see us on the weekends when they don’t have to work. Man this is the life I always think. I wish I could live here all the time, but it gets very cold in the winter and there are not a lot of conveniences. We shop mostly on the mainland and have the caretaker bring us groceries about every other day. We just added Get Wild Blue so we can get good internet service. Before, we didn’t even have any service. Sometimes I miss being able to run to the mall for a new bathing suit or pick up my favorite bottle of wine for the evening’s cookout. But now I can just plan a little more thoroughly and order everything online. Of course, we still have to wait for things to be delivered on the ferry. That is what makes this place so wonderful and private. It is like my secret place where I can still have the world at my fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment