Friday, November 11, 2011

The best laid plans...

of mice and men.. and of me :)

When it comes to finances i am SUCH a planner. If you only could see my "MY BOOK" as I call it, you would see what I mean. I budget down to the cent. I designate where every dime and dollar is going at any given point. When I get paid there are no suprises or no excuses for me to not know where that money is going.

lately my focus has been on paying off my car. It is due to be paid off on September 21st, 2014. My plan is to make my last payment on August of 2012. That's 2 years early!!!!!!! That is my plan... now again, plans don't always work out.

I was looking over my plan for paying off my car yesterday and got very excited when I refigured and realized i'd have it paid off sooner then that.... I got so excited!!! THEN... i realized I was wrong. :( And i got very discouraged. I kept thinking like why in the world am I spending every extra dime I have on paying off a car when it's still taking me forever!??!! I just need some money to fall from the sky so I can stop stressing over it.

Sometimes you have to look at your plans and just be happy that you made a plan. That's HUGE! Most people don't take the time to figure out where the money goes and where it NEEDS to be going. So pat yourself on the back for having a plan. I'm one of those that gets so excited when making plans but when I realize how LONG it's going to take I get so down on myself.

time to be happy with those best laid plans... be happy that you made the plans and stay determined to follow through!

Updates to follow on the car payoff process. :) I'm so excited!

How NICE it's gonna feel to NOT have a car payment!

No comments:

Post a Comment