Thursday, July 14, 2011

Helpful or hurtful?

Groupon. Living Social. Try it local. Half off Hot Springs. The list keeps going...

There are SO many options for buying gift certificates cheaper now a days. Have you noticed that? I've bought several of the Fandango movie passes through Living Social and LOVE them. I typically pay $8 bucks and get 2 movie passes. HELLO!??!?! That's a heck of a deal. But what about all the others? Are they good deals?--I think the answer to that is YES. But are they helpful for those of us who are on a budget?

That is the BIG question!

If you have gone ALL month while sticking with your budget and then you get a GROUPON notification that your favorite restaurant is on sale at HALF PRICE--do you buy it and blow your budget? Or do you pass it up just like you did the shoes in the mall earlier?

I think all of these "deals" are personally FANTASTIC! BUT--it can get overwhelming. It's like this... I have avoided the mall, I have REFUSED to look on ebay at all the cool stuff I could spend my money on. I've done GOOD! I've stuck to my budget, saved-saved-saved--and then BOOM! Out of nowhere my inbox is full of "Great deals" that I can't pass up.

Okay now its your turn to decide what YOU Think. ARe these "Deals" Helpful---or Hurtful?

I'd love to know what you think!

1 comment:

Faith said...

I try to avoid buying them unless it's things I NEED, like an oil change.

That said, my back has been killing me lately, and the living social deal for an hour massage is REALLY tempting...

Post a Comment