Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pinterest project #1


First you take a glass. Some people use bottles (wine bottles, glass jars, etc). I chose a vase.


You take 3 tablespoons and heat it for 30 seconds in a measuring cup. Then you add a half a cup of mod podge and a LOT of food coloring. Whatever color you want.


This is what mine looked like :)



Pour it in the bottle. Move it around. I kept my measuring cup in the sink and poured it in and out several times til every part of the vase was covered.


Then you put it in the oven on 170 for about 20 minutes. I kept mine in a tad bit longer.


Then TADA! You have tinted glass!

I chose green because in our front room we have a green couch with bright colored polka dots. So I needed something bright and cheery! I plan to put marbles in one, sticks in the other, and not too sure about the other :)

Thanks Pinterest!! This was fun and EASY!






No comments:

Post a Comment