Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Will you ever retire?

This has been a question I have asked myself a LOT lately. Will I ever be able to retire? I know we have discussed this before, but it's one of those topics that seems to always LOOM over my head. What about you?

I mentioned I opened an IRA, we've talked about stock trading online, and we've discussed stashing money under your floor board in your house. :)

This is an area of finances that puzzles me. I dont know exactly WHAT I need to do to be ready to retire. Saving money I can understand, but it's the investing and the trading that loses me everytime. Terms like 401k, money market, stock market, annuity rates...yea, I'm lost already. Can we make it simple?

I found a website that actually DOES that. Safemoneyalternatives.com. PLEASE check it out. There is a section that I LOVE and have printed off to read over again and again til something clicks! :) It's called "LEARN HOW TO RETIRE". TADA! There it is. You can browse definitions of terms that you may not understand. And it's in PLAIN, SIMPLE words! How much money do you need to retire? You can find that out too! Are you financially prepared to retire? Find out the answer on this website!

I don't know if I made the best decision when I opened my IRA, but I don't know what I made a bad one either. We all know we need to start somewhere, but it's getting those hard questions answered that's stressful. It's understanding a world of finance that we have never explored before! Take the time to learn how YOU can retire with peace of mind knowing that you have taken ALL the right steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment