Friday, January 13, 2012

So far this year...

I have done really well at saving money. I have put an extra $900 in savings (when i soooo wanted to go out and spend it on something, just to say i did), I have done very well on my grocery store budget (still trying to remain around $100 a month) and have spent WAY too much on entertainment... :(

Ok, so I did very good in some areas and two thumbs down in others.

LET me explain...

i love going to the movies. I mean absolutely lOVe it. Ava loves going, my hubs loves going, its just something that we all enjoy. But it is SO expensive. I do my best to go only at matinees, only when I have a discount tickets and of course only with the discount refreshments. BUT, it is still pricy. So the first week of the new year I enjoyed movies a little TOO much, but it was worth it. Not that life is "back to normal" with school, work, etc we won't get to go as much.

SOMETIMES--you have to chill. You have to tell yourself it's OK that you splurged. It's ok that you spent more than you meant to. It's okay that you went all out for the family--that is what it's all about.

I have to remind myself that I don't have to save ALL the time... just most the time. :)

So how are you feeling now that we are 13 days into the new year, new month? You feeling good about things????

No comments:

Post a Comment