Friday, October 7, 2011

Fair labor acts

This is one of those constant problems. Years ago I worked for a company that refused to pay me overtime and I worked an average of 50 hours a week. I did this for almost a year. When I finally quit the job I was so frustrated and angry. I made good money while i worked there, but think about how much MORE money I would have made if I had gotten paid fairly.

Evidentally something happened with the company and they got caught because about 3 months later I got a letter from the IRS including a check in the amount of $762 dollars for overtime that I was owed! How nice was that check!??! Someone reported someone evidentally....

California Overtime laws must be going through the same thing. They are offering to help those that are not being paid fairly. There are laws that protect you from taking this kind of mess. If someone works hard, and does their job, they deserve to be treated fairly. BUT , if laws say you must pay overtime, or must give an employee a break and the company doesn't do it then THAT is grounds for action! Take the time to look at this website and see if any of this applies to you. It pays to be informed... and in my case someone caught it for me because I never thought to pursue anything on my own. But this kinda stuff is wrong. KNOW YOUR RIGHTS! take the time to learn what you need to know to protect yourself, your finances, and your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment