Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Some thoughts--Our Journey

I by no means have it all together. I make mistakes EVERY single day... especially financial ones. We all do. What's important is realizing those mistakes. "Knowing is half the battle" is VERY true... but remember, it's only HALF! :)

I have realized that couponing takes so much time! Keeping my book in order and getting all of the coupons clipped, organized and then spending the time to compare the other stores is almost more than I can do! My job keeps me VERY busy, my 5 year old keeps me VERY busy, I have a husband in there somewhere and I DO enjoy just living life :) For me, I had to tone it down some. You've probably noticed from the lack of posts lately. I'm trying to do better. I haven't MESSED up, or screwed up my plan NOR have I lost sight of the "Big financial picture".. I just had to pick and chose what I was going to save money on.

It's all over the web how stores are REALLY cracking down on us couponers. They want to make it impossible to save money... so you have to keep that in mind. BUT... you also can't lose sight of what you are doing! The goal isn't to get 40 bottles of ketchup. It's to get how many you NEED at a cheaper price than what the tag says. That can STILL BE DONE! don't get down because the coupon policies have changed... you just may be forced to revamp your strategy.

I've said it before and I will say it again... if I can save on SOME things, I am happy. Household products, shampoo, deo, etc, if I can save on those then I am happy. I don't need or want 50 bottles of anything but the ones I have I would like to pay less for.

I've learned that I CANNOT do it all, but what I do chose to do I have to work at it. It's hard to save money especially when your full time job involves working outside the home.

It's time for me to wipe the slate clean and start over. Not on everything, but I need a new strategy. I haven't figured out exactly what that will be, but when I do, you will be the first to know. :)

What about you? How is this journey going for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment